Hurlford 2 Largs Thistle 2
Thistle have gatecrashed another league leader's party as Stuart Davidson's men continue to impress in the West of Scotland Premier Division.
When the Barrfields side equalised in the 91st minute of this rip-roaring encounter, supporters, players, coaches, and even physios celebrated as if they had just won the World Cup.
Although Hurlford had a red card midway through the first half, Thistle threw the proverbial kitchen sink at Hurlford over the 90 minutes and it was remarkable that the home side were clinging on to 2-1 lead following save after save.
Thistle saw an injury to key playmaker Sean McLeod midway through the second half, while Largs had a good looking goal chopped off for offside late on, which looked like it might be Thistle's last chance.
But there was to be one final hurrah as it was Craig Forbes to the rescue with his second goal of the day to merit the point - but it could easily have been all three at Blair Park.
A minute's silence for Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth's passing was impeccably observed with the Hurlford flag at half mast.
Largs sitting in 11th spot took the game to the league leaders from the off and won a dangerous looking free kick within 30 seconds. Lewis Davidson stepped up and sent in a low fizzing effort which took a deflection leading to keeper McGowan making the first of many saves of the day as he had to change direction to make the parry away.
Hurlford took the lead on the 13th minute after slackness at the back from a corner kick as nobody picked up McKenzie who headed into the top corner from five yards out.
In customary fashion if Largs concede a goal, they go right up the pitch and came close to an equaliser after Davidson struck a firm curling effort which was saved by the dependable McGowan.
On 27 minutes a good flowing move saw Simon McBryde bursting through on the right but he was dragged to the ground by Adlington who saw red.
McLeod's dangerous cross was deflected narrowly wide for a corner while the same player also fired in a good diagonal effort which had to be well smothered by McGowan.
The equaliser came after more pressure from Largs resulted in Davidson beating his man on the right and delivering a good ball to the far post which the speedy Forbes raced onto and fired into the roof of the net on 37 minutes.
However, to Thistle's complete shock, Hurlford, who had barely been in the game, scored again within a minute of the kick-off, as a high ball down the right caught the Thistle defence out and Whitaker sent a curling drive beyond Jamie McGowan. 2-1. 
It was a hammer blow but Largs came so close to netting an equaliser before half-time after the woodwork came to Hurlford's rescue after a shot through a tangle of legs in the penalty box.
The second half saw Largs continue to up the ante against ten men Hurlford as Davidson was on the edge of another flowing move only for McGowan to make a superb block.
A challenge from Hurlford's Love left McLeod writhing on the floor and play was stopped to allow him to be attended to - and had to be subsequently carried off.
McMaster was racing to the ball down the left wing and seemed to be knocked off the ball after a clumsy challenge from McGowan but the referee again saw no issue much to the consternation of the Largs bench and travelling support.
Hurlford's Love headed over the bar from corner on 72 minutes in a rare opportunity for the home side following a corner.
A dramatic shot from McMaster on the left wing had the keeper backtracking only to somehow claw the ball onto the crossbar as Thistle's luck appeared well and truly out.
Then McMaster floated the ball into the area and McBryde jumped for it but missed contact but it was enough as the ball evaded the keeper and finished up in the bottom corner of the net. However, the goal was ruled out for offside despite McBryde not getting a touch much to Thistle's consternation as another big decision went against Largs.
And then on 91 minutes, in the last chance saloon, one final cross was delivered into the Hurlford box and Forbes rose to the challenge and sent a powerful header into the top left corner of the net. Justice at last.
It was really the least that Largs deserved after creating the better chances from start to finish and should have arguably had this match wrapped up long beforehand but with time ticking away and with chance after chance being thwarted - it was a massive relief to get the equaliser and a very good point on the road - sometimes you just have to be grateful for small mercies.
LARGS: McGowan, Hughes, McMaster, McGoldrick, McCreath, Faulds, Sewell, Forbes, Frizzell, Davidson, McLeod. Subs: McBryde, Thompson, Devine, Walker (GK).