Thistle boss Stuart Davidson has urged his players to put Saturday's abandonment behind them, and keep up their good form as they head into a re-arranged fixture, a home friendly against Neilston on Saturday, 2pm kick-off.

Largs had been due to head to Darvel in a tricky clash but Recreation Park is under a layer of snow on Friday evening.

Stuart said: "After the Cambuslang game, I could see the frustration in the players. The game had been abandoned through no fault of theirs but the boys came into training on Monday and you could see their determination and hunger. I don't think Saturday will affect them. We are wanting to keep progressing. In recent weeks, the attitude from the whole squad has been spot on.

"At this time of year, you need to show mental strength and toughness, and the boys have been showing that."

Largs will visit Darvel on Saturday January 27th instead, with their previous set fixture for that date away to Irvine Meadow now pushed back to 10 March.

Stuart said:"We have played against Darvel before and they have showed in an eight minute period in the first half at Barrfields how dangerous they can be when they scored three goals.

"The squad is looking pretty good with everyone available apart from Laurie McMaster - everyone is fit and ready to go."

With the BBC weather forecast suggesting sunshine and 3 degrees Celsius for Saturday, Stuart said he expected the game to be similar conditions to the recent Maryhill fixture if it goes ahead.

After Darvel, Largs then face Irvine Meadow at home on 3 February, instead of Cambuslang away.

Stuart said: "I don't think the change of fixtures has anything to do with what happened on Saturday which was blown out of all proportion and it would be wrong to change a fixture because of that.

"It is a big strange to be having back to back games against Irvine Meadow but there may be some logic behind it that I am not aware of, the fixture manager can't please everyone all of the time."

"We are still in the dark regarding why the Cambuslang game was abandoned. I have spoken with my players and with Cambuslang, and we are all of the same opinion that not a lot happened. I am really flabbergasted that it got cancelled. The referee has to keep the safety of people in mind but to me there wasn't any violence involved."

"Common sense needs to prevail here - not one person has complained they have been punched or hit - if someone has the police should be brought into that. You want the juniors to attract fans, and there was a good crowd on Saturday who had come out to see a good competitive game of football."