Cumnock 1 Largs Thistle 7
Cumnock were on the receiving end of a real walloping against a red-hot Largs side who were in unforgiving mood.
As league seasons go, this is certainly turning into one of the most memorable if you are Thistle fan.
Since records began, Largs have gone some 91 years since records without a league win at Cumnock, and have experienced a few heavy defeats at Townhead Park over the years including a 5-1 defeat the last time they were in the Premiership.
However, the boot was on the other foot for a change, and this made the margin all the more sweeter as Thistle fans were singing in the rain.
Considering it was fourth versus fifth in the league, and both teams had fought out a highly competitive draw at Barrfields in early September, there was little sign beforehand of the avalanche of goals to come.
Indeed, in the first two minutes, both sides had early chances with Carmichael sending in an early curling effort around the post for the hosts, while Martin Orr's high cross to the back post was directed across the face of goal by a Ben Black header.
It was a lively start and Montgomery tested Thistle keeper Danny Farrell with a long range effort which was palmed wide by the on-loan Morton keeper.
Largs opened the scoring on four minutes and it was a misplaced pass which allowed Joe Knowles to skip by the defence and race to the byeline where he placed a perfectly slotted pass to the onrushing Black at the left post to tuck home.
Thistle should have made it two after Mark Millar's pinpoint pass found Laurie McMaster on the run down the left and his defence splitting ball through found Adam who turned his man with ease and fired in a diagonal effort from the left edge of the area which whizzed past the right post.
A scramble in the Largs box resulted in Cumnock's Dinwoodie's effort being blocked and Anson's overhead effort also being thwarted by the Thistle defence.
Largs found themselves 2-0 up after McMaster was taken down upon flying into the box, and Adam converted from the spot on 21 minutes.
Thistle moved three goals up on 36 minutes when Millar floated a dangerous free kick into the box, and Graham Muir was fastest to react as the ball seemed to go in off his shin and into the net as Cumnock were suddenly counting the cost.
Largs were in a similar commanding position last time at Barrfields before Cumnock pegged it back, and this is perhaps what drove Largs on to make sure there was no repeat.
Black showed a clean pair of heels to defenders as he blazed through on goal on 49 minutes and coolly flicked the ball over the advancing keeper to make it 4-0.
Cumnock pulled a goal back on 54 minutes as Montgomery's effort took a deflection before looping into the net, but it was only a brief respite for the home side.
Muir then finished off another good move teed up by Black as he lashed home to make it a fantastic five on 57 minutes.
Former Livingston and Dundee United midfielder Millar made it 6-1 on 64 minutes with another fine finish after good work from the industrious Knowles on the right wing. 
Adam was then ruled offside as he dashed through to meet Knowles' flick and smashed the ball into the back of the net.
Thistle boss Stuart Davidson rang the changes with the whole forward line of Knowles, Adam and Black being replaced with Ryan McKie, Kevin Struthers and Blair Docherty.
Docherty was clean through and again Thistle were denied by the offside flag.
And it was McKie who managed to make it 7-1 after poking home on the line on 88 minutes to round off a thoroughly miserable afternoon for Cumnock but Thistle supporters were singing in the rain.
There was a bizarre moment near the very end as Farrell was caught too far out of his area and handled.
Cumnock fans called for the Thistle keeper to be sent off but he only saw yellow, and then made a terrific save to divert Faulds' rising drive from Carmichael's free-kick lay-off over the bar.
The full-time whistle sounded to great cheers from the good travelling support who witnessed history as Largs finally smashed their away league hoodoo stretching back to when records began back in 1927.
It was also the first time that Largs had hit seven on the road in a league clash since a 1980s league match at Ardeer.
This was another sparkling show from Thistle who over-run their illustrious junior opponents.
It is the second time that rampant Thistle have hit seven this season, and after defeating Kilbirnie 6-0 last week, this is turning into an incredible season.
After Beith didn't play, Largs have now leapfrogged Cumnock in the Premier Division, and look very capable of giving any team a run for their money on 3G.
LARGS: Farrell, Orr, McMaster, Little, Jamieson, Faulds, Knowles, Millar, Adam, Muir, Black. Subs: McKie, Fleming, Docherty, Struthers, Harkins.