Largs Thistle 0 Beith Juniors 0
Thistle and Beith had to settle for a share of the spoils in a rare goalless encounter at Barrfields Park.
Fresh from their Scottish Cup heroics of one week before, Largs rattled the crossbar three times and created other dangerous chances as battling Beith held out for a point.
The Garnock Valley side are normally always tough opposition having won the championship last season, and they had already beaten Largs 3-1 back in November.
Beith are also familiar with 3G having played a number of Monday night friendlies on the astroturf so the synthetic surface held no fears for the visitors on the day. 
With Thistle boss Stuart Davidson hoping to fine tune his team in readiness for the big Scottish Cup final on June 2, he picked the same team which featured in the semi final victory against Hurlford.
It was the opposition who started in confident mood at Barrfields testing out if there was any cup semi final celebration hangover from Thistle.
A defence splitting pass from Ramsay released Darren Christie through the centre but his whipped in low shot from the edge of the area was smothered by Largs keeper Jamie McGowan.
Another momentary scare came when Haggarty managed to get past Creag Little in defence, and rounded McGowan on the left hand side but left himself too acute an angle as he attempted to pick out his man with a cross but Largs managed to get the ball to safety with Stuart Faulds looking assured at the back in support of the centre halves,
Faulds, is a no-nonsense midfielder and always seems to find an astute pass to steady the ship, and managed to clear the ball to safety.
Thistle nearly opened the scoring on 22 minutes as a good lob found Graham Muir who fired in a powerful effort as he raced into the area.
The shot had to be beaten away by the Beith keeper Grindlay as Largs were beginning to click into gear.
Beith picked up two yellow cards in quick succession as they were trying to thwart Thistle's imposing passing play but on 29 minutes it was the crossbar that came to the rescue of the visitors for the first time in the match.
A clever high ball to Mark Millar on the right hand side resulted in a crunching half-volley on the angle which pinged off the bar.
Millar launched a free kick over the bar on the verge of half-time but Largs were looking to get the upper hand in this encounter.
At the start of the second half, Beith had rather desperate claims for a handball in the Thistle box which were rightly turned away by the referee but the yellow card count was mounting.
Kevin Struthers was released through the middle but ballooned his chance over the bar from the edge of the area.
Although Largs were dangerous on the counter, Beith had a lot of corners but were unable to take advantage.
This is because Thistle mopped up everything at the back with Messrs Creag Little and Nicky Jamieson making sure there was no way through.
With Thistle fans urging their side on to try and get a winner, the excitement level was mounting as Faulds launched a spectacular rising drive from 22 yards out which bounced off the left hand side of the crossbar.
The arrival of Ryan McKie, John Carter and Gary Fleming off the bench provided pace, trickery and tenacity as Largs kept driving forward looking for a winner.
McKie went very close on 80 minutes as he got on the end of a good move but with a Beith defender extending his leg to try and thwart him he drove through the ball on the angle from the right hand side.
The ball agonisingly flashed across the face of goal and whizzed past the left post by inches.
In the last desperate minutes, Millar had a howitzer shot blocked by a Beith defender on the edge of the area, Martin Orr won possession and set up Scott Adam who turned provider for McKie on the right wing and his swirling cross met the head of Millar who turned from six yards and directed a header off the crossbar as the Beith goal led a very charmed life. Millar - and the Thistle faithful - couldn't believe it. 
That was it for Largs as the referee blew the final whistle seconds after.
The breezy wind made it difficult for both sets of teams but Largs will feel that their possession play and chances created certainly merited the three points overall but still it was a positive performance from Thistle.
LARGS: McGowan, Orr, McMaster, Little, Jamieson, Faulds, Muir, Millar, Adam, Struthers, Black. Subs: Fleming, Harkins, McKie, Carter, Farrell (GK).
Next Game: Wednesday 24 April, Premier Division Troon (H), Barrfields, 6.45pm kick-off.