Largs Thistle 0 Troon 0 
(match abandoned after 30 mins due to high wind)

Thistle were blown off course from getting last Wednesday night's match completed by high winds which while disrupting the game didn't less its impact as a spectacle.
Troon, with the wind behind them, hammered the crossbar three times but Largs themselves were guilty of missing some gilt-edged chances.
It was changes in defence as Ryan Begley and Thistle U21 player William Sewell came into the rearguard due to the absence of suspended Creag Little and injured Nicky Jamieson,
It was also a return to Barrfields for winger Alex McWaters who played for Thistle last season before joining Hurlford United for a short spell last summer. He signed up for Troon recently.
Largs had a strong attacking line-up with both wingers fully restored together in the first team for the first time since Thistle's 5-0 thrashing of Kilwinning in the Scottish Cup quarters.
And it was that attacking edge which nearly yielded Thistle an early goal against the wind as Black burst down the left channel, spinning away from a defender but his deflected shot flew wide of the left post.
At the other end, Troon's Scott Chatham clattered the crossbar on two minutes with a long range effort from 25 yards aided and abetted by the gusts.
Stevenson then smashed an angled piledriver off the crossbar from the left wing as Troon went close again with only six minutes on the clock.
It was quickly becoming evident that the wind was having a big sway in this game.
McKie nearly raced clear at the other end but was thwarted by a terrific diving Troon challenge as he attempted to pull the trigger and the shot ricocheted wide of the right post. 
Troon were trying out different things with the wind behind them and a hit and hope pass through the centre was back heel lobbed in the air near the edge of the area by Dean Keenan and drifted over the bar in the unpredictable winds.
The conditions were playing havoc and Troon's Gemmell even decided to launch a free kick from the halfway line towards goal but Farrell managed to make a comfortable save.
There was outrage from the Thistle support as McKie appeared to bide his time before timing his run through the middle to meet a cross from Black but the offside flag was raised.
Play was halted briefly on 24 minutes as both managements were spoken to by the referee Paul Timmons but it was decided for play to carry on.
Thistle were doing well to carve out opportunities despite playing against the gust and there was still time for Stevenston to launch another effort off the Largs crossbar.
And on the half hour mark, the referee decided he had seen enough and blew three times in quick succession signalling the abandonment of the game,
It was certainly a fast and frenetic encounter with opportunities for both sides,
It is difficult to know which, if any team, would particularly benefit from having the match postponed but there is a school of thought that it might be an additional hassle for Largs given their preparations for the Scottish Cup.
But with Auchinleck Talbot having a large amount of games still to play, it is only a minor setback given Thistle's lesser schedule.
Despite the gales, the game was still very lively and certainly was not short of incident and given Thistle had a second half to come with the wind behind them, it would have been interesting to see the game fully played out.

The match has been rescheduled for Saturday 25 May.

Largs: Farrell, Orr, Sewell, Begley, Miller, Faulds, Black, Fleming, Adam, McKie, Harkins. Subs: Muir, George, W.Sewell, Struthers, McGowan (GK).
Troon: Johnston, Morrison, McCready, Gemmill, Strachan, Keenan, Malley, Stevenston, McCrae, McWaters, Subs: Murphy, Martin, Clark, Green, Pooler.

Pics: Ken McKissock.