Legendary Largs Thistle manager Erik Sorenson helped transform the club into a winning machine during the late 1970s and early 1980s
The former Morton and Rangers keeper has warm memories of masterminding an incredible turnaround 35 years ago which is well remembered by players, committee and supporters alike.
Thistle staged an amazing recovery from the foot of the Second Division at Christmas following Sorenson's return to the club culminating in winning the title on the final day of the season
The club were able to convince the former Danish international to take the reins for a second time after he had been an assistant manager with St Mirren. 
In his first spell in 1979/80, Sorenson had guided Largs to promotion to the First Division and took them to the Ayrshire Drybrough Cup Final but left to resume senior involvement with St Mirren. 
On being re-appointed in 1983 in December with Thistle languishing near the foot of the table, with promotion seeming a forlorn thought at best, the Great Dane transformed the side. 
Largs comfortably beat Saltcoats 3-0 with goals from Archie Halley, Martin Brownlow and Robert McNaught, before going on to trounce Irvine Vics 5-0 with a Halley hat-trick as new signing Frank Lovering featured. 
One of the season highlights was when Thistle mesmerised Maybole with some swashbuckling football to win 12-2. 
A Peter Valerio hat-trick and doubles from Halley and Lovering meant Thistle went in to the dressing rooms 8-1 at half-time. 
Valerio ran Maybole ragged in the second half and made it a double hat-trick. 
In a thrilling climax to the season, it was a four team fight for the championship, but Largs had their own destiny in their hands.
Victory would catapult them to the title but a draw or defeat was not enough, see league table inset going into the final game.
Halley opened the scoring on 19 minutes but Winton’s equaliser was a near knockout blow 15 minutes from time as it meant Largs wouldn't even get promoted. 
Two minutes later, a goalmouth scramble culminated in McNaught firing home from a yard.
Referee McCluskey sent off Largs keeper Ian McGiffen after an angry exchange with a Winton player leaving Valerio in goals for the final minutes. 
The whistle blew and Largs yelled for joy, Thistle were champions for the second time in the history of the club. 
Erik Sorenson and his assistant Ian Hook were credited with providing a dedicated enthusiasm which rubbed off on all the players and 'had the knack of getting the best out of everyone.'
Erik recently enjoyed a short holiday break in Scotland and spoke to the 'News' about his time at the Barrfields club.

Largs and Millport Weekly News:
He said: "There was something special about the club, they were always pushing and trying to get Largs up to a higher level and I did what I could do.
"They were such a small club in those days, so it has impressed me greatly that Largs managed to make it to the Scottish Cup final,
"The second time I took over at Barrfields we were at the foot of the table but I could tell that we had a crowd of very talented players.
"I shuffled them around a bit and got the best out of them - they never looked back.
"They won the rest of the games, sometimes by quite a lot, and we finished the season by winning the title - it was a very enjoyable and happy time.
"I particularly remember Peter Valerio - he played a big part and there were always a lot of laughs when Peter was about - he was one of the real characters in the side. He was a tremendous guy.
"We had a heck of a lot of good players and the midfield was strong and we did a lot of good work in training and reaped the dividends.
"I remember the 12-2 game against Maybole, and yes, I was disappointed in the defence that day for conceding two goals, and told them so in the dressing room. But I also gave them great credit for scoring the goals too, and the team really performed.
"I think I was lucky - I always knew we had the players - it was just a question of putting them in the right positions.
"Valerio wasn't in the side when I joined and I knew we had to get him back. We also brought in guys like Frank Lovering who did a terrific job.
"We set up the side to try and score as many goals as possible.
"We certainly trained hard, there was no doubt about it, but we made it as positive and fun as possible."
In between his spells in charge at Largs, Erik was also manager at Dalry Thistle and was credited with training up Jim Leighton who actually arrived an an outfield player.
Leighton became one of the top goalkeepers in Scotland featuring in the Cup Winners Cup winning Aberdeen team against Real Madrid.
Sorenson said: "I was the first in Scotland to take care of keeper training. At that point, keepers would just run around the park but I introduced specific routines with the ball."
"You don't see snooker players galloping around with a snooker over your shoulder, do you? You have to play and work with the ball.
"I remember our goalie at Dalry was injured and somebody came up to me and asked if his son could play in goal. He looked very talented and I trained him up.
"It was Jim Leighton - he worked very hard and had a nice family and it was terrific to see him progress up the ranks and was a great goalkeeper for Scotland too."
Erik, who lives in Odense, was still involved in coaching in Denmark up until last December, and will turn 80 in January. 
He added: "I thoroughly enjoyed both spells at Largs- and I wish the club committee and supporters all the best in future."