Kilwinning Rangers 3 Largs Thistle 0

Thistle boss Stuart Davidson conceded it was a 'bad day at the office' as Largs suffered an onslaught from Kilwinning.
Although only three goals were scored by the Buffs, it could have been far worse for the Barrfields outfit given the glut of chances squandered by the home side. Kieran Brophy had the two best chances for Largs in each half.

It was Thistle's first visit to Kilwinning's new stadium and they nearly provided a welcoming gift in the opening seconds as former Largs winger Alex McWatters raced through and chipped keeper Ross Lundy; Ross Love was quick to react and cleared off the line.

It was quite remarkable that Thistle had managed to hold on until the 54th minute as ex-Kilwinning keeper Ross Lundy made a series of superb saves to deny the dominant Buffs.
It was a terrific finish from Monti who showed his class to turn his man and drill the ball into the top left hand corner of the box for a quality strike.
The second goal which really was the killer in the contest came from Ben Lewis who managed to muscle past George Sewell on the left hand byeline and blasted home on the angle to put daylight between Largs and Kilwinning.
Thistle brought on the subs with Ben Black, who scored four in a Monday night friendly against Ardeer last week, and William Sewell to try and find a way back into the game. Laurie McMaster also featured after returning from injury.
Black turned and twisted past defenders on the left wing but his stinging effort was deflected wide of the left post as Largs desperately tried to get a foothold in this game.
However, it was Kilwinning who rounded off the scoring on the 90th minute after a long ball from keeper Markey.
The ball bounced onto Monti who feinted past some challenges before delivering the ball past Lundy in clinical fashion to round off a dispiriting and disappointing afternoon for Largs.
It was always going to be a steep learning curve this season and Thistle will be keen to make amends as quickly as possible, starting this Saturday in the Scottish Cup tie away at Kirriemuir.

Thistle boss Stuart Davidson said: ""We made mistakes at the back to give away cheap goals.
"It was a really bad performance from our point of view -  so it is up to the boys this week to show me in training that they are keen to play and get us into the next round of the Scottish.
"It is being left wide open to see who can impress me this week and win a place in the side."
LARGS: Lundy, Forbes, Eardley, Sewell, Love, Faulds, Brophy, McBryde, Adam, Harkins, McKenna. Subs: Mitchell, W.Sewell, Black, McMaster, McGowan (GK).
Kilwinning: Markey, Hewitt, McCloskey, Maitland, Syme, Frye, Agnew, Fleming, Monti, Lewis, McWaters. Subs: Whyte, Hanvey, Tan, McColm, Strain (GK)

Photos: John Keachie.
Next Game: Macron Scottish Cup third round, Kirriemuir (A), 2.30pm kick-off, Westmuir Park.