Pollok 4 Largs Thistle 0

Any thoughts of Largs enjoying a Christmas party on the south side of Glasgow on Saturday were brought crashing down to earth within 45 seconds of kick-off.
It may be the season of goodwill to all men but Thistle were far too generous in gifting the goals away at Newlandsfield Park as Largs suffered a heavy defeat at the hands of second top Pollok.
Thistle were hoping to build on their victory over Cumnock but straight from kick-off unravelled after a quick attack down the left by the home side resulted in the ball going out for a corner.

McCann converted with a powerful header into the net from the excellent delivery as Largs were put at an immediate disadvantage.
Chances fell to Ross Love and Scott Adam for an equaliser but Pollok moved two ahead on 37 minutes.
A quick breakaway resulted in Largs being exposed as Love was adjudged to have taken down Jordan Shelvey just inside the penalty box on the left. 
Shaun Fraser despatched the spot-kick with a bullet drive into the roof of the net. 2-0.
It felt cruel on Largs who had looked in a good position to net an equaliser but it was significant that Pollok were winning a lot more corners than Largs.
And this trend continued in the second half as the home side scored after only two minutes of kick-off as Gallacher rose above the Thistle defence to steer home with another unchallenged header from a set-piece. 3-0.
And to rub salt in the wounds, Pollok raced up the park to score a fantastic fourth on 63 minutes.
It was a fantastic solo strike from livewire forward Jordan Shelvey who managed to dance his way through the Thistle defence and then had the presence of mind to overcome McGowan in the Largs goal with a quick flick before firing home into an empty net from a yard out.

The game was done and dusted as a contest midway through the second half when defender Ben Eardley was red carded for challenge on a Pollok player near the touchline.

Play was disrupted during acrimonious scenes, as Eardley was struck on the back of the head with the ball from the crowd, and manager Stuart Davidson was subsequently sent off for being outside his technical area.
It was a tough afternoon in many respects for Thistle's young side who looked very vulnerable at times in what was a steep learning curve as Pollok ran out comfortable winners.

Read Stuart Davidson's reaction to the match in this week's Largs and Millport Weekly News. Out now.

LARGS: McGowan, Sewell, Eardley, Lydon, Love, Faulds, Forbes, McIntyre, Adam, McKenna, Subs: McMaster, Loudon, George, Brophy, McBryde.
Next Game: Saturday December 28, Largs Thistle v Clydebank, Barrfields Park, 1.45pm kick-off.