Largs Thistle 0 Rutherglen Glencairn 0

Largs were denied what looked to be a strong penalty claim when top scorer Scott Adam appeared to be pushed to the ground during Saturday's stalemate with Rutherglen - see video clip.

Both had to settle for a share of the spoils in a hit and rush encounter which could have gone either way in the end.
In the first half, a Rutherglen long ball through the centre was met at full stretch by George Sewell who managed to head the ball but unluckily it deflected into the path of a forward who had just Largs keeper Jamie McGowan to beat. 
The Thistle no.1 made himself big to block the effort but as chances go, it should have been rattled into the back of the net.
Thistle were struggling to clear their lines towards the end of the first half and getting into a bit of a fix at times.
Faulds always looks unhurried and methodical on the ball, and he set up Black who sidestepped a defender before firing in a low shot which was well held by McLennan.
Ross Love managed to get a crucial intervention as Dale Simeon on the left wing tried to set up striker Gary Smith in space but it was hearts in mouths as the big defender's sliding effort nearly sent the ball past his own keeper.
Thankfully it trickled past the left post - it would have been a cruel way for Largs to concede going in at the interval. 
Paul Harkins arrived on the scene on 49 minutes to replace the injured Blair MacIntyre and made an immediate impact as the ball dropped to him on the left edge of the box and he let rip with an exquisite banana shot which nearly rifled into the top right corner of the net but just evaded the target. It was the kind of excitement that the game had been lacking.

Thistle seemed to have another great chance to go ahead when Brophy raced through on the right wing with just the keeper to beat but elected to find a striker and the effort was defended and cleared. It was a missed opportunity.
Adam replaced McKenna on 62 minutes and appeared to be clearly pushed on racing into the penalty box but the referee Jordan Paterson, who was a fair distance behind the action, waved play on.
It was a much better second half display in terms of chances created but Rutherglen nearly stole all the points deep into stoppage time.
A curling ball from the left hand side was met by Simeon and his flying header struck the right post as it went wide.
After a difficult and uninspiring first hour, Thistle at least showed a lot more creativity in the last half hour which bodes well for challenges to come.
They have been missing this vital spark in recent games and need it back in abundance with a massive West of Scotland cup match coming up on Saturday at Glenafton.
Thistle: McGowan, Forbes, McMaster, Sewell, Love, Faulds, Brophy, MacIntyre, McKenna, McBryde, Black. Subs: Harkins, Loudon, Trialist, Adam, Loudon.
Next Game: Saturday 11 January, West of Scotland Cup 2nd round, Glenafton (A), 1.30pm kick-off.

Thistle bus:  Largs Thistle's team bus is leaving Barrfields Park for the big Glenafton game on Saturday at 11am. For bus seat reservations, contact David Blackwood on 07711 764530.