LARGS keeper Ross Lundy who is moving from one seaside club to another after coming close to completing a century of games for Largs Thistle.

Ross was just two games short of completing 100 matches for the Barrfields club has played a part in many of the club’s successes over recent years.
Although this is his second spell, he has not ruled out another return in future to complete the milestone.
The 27-year-old said: “I decided to move to Troon as I have been guaranteed first team football. They are a similar sized club to Largs and they have big plans for the new West of Scotland League. I am looking forward to the challenge.”
“It is disappointing to be leaving just two games away from making 100 appearances and maybe if last season had been completed I would have made it to the century but it just wasn’t to be.”
The shot-stopper has a strong affection for Largs and its supporters after fan Alex Anderson organised a special football match at Barrfields Park in 2017 to raise funds for the congenital diaphragmatic hernia charity which provides car his young son Dawson, pictured with Ross and wife Carla, who was born with a rare condition that left him with a hole in his diaphragm.
Ross said: “Dawson is doing well. He still needs check-ups but is now enjoying a normal life and will be four in July. I can’t thank Alex Anderson enough for what he did.
Ross, who first signed for Thistle in 2015, said: “My Largs career started off really well under Bryan Slavin. I was just interested in getting back into football after some stints with Saltcoats and Beith.
“I knew from my playing days at Saltcoats Vics that he was a winner. 
“We were bottom of the West Super First Division and it took a wee while for us to pick up but then we went on an amazing run to pull off ‘The Great Escape’ and avoid relegation.”

Largs and Millport Weekly News:
Ross played a key role with a series of clean sheets, with one save, a spectacular full stretch effort at league leaders Pollok, heloing Largs to a 2-0 win.
He recalled: “We were under lots of pressure, and I actually remember the striker running away celebrating after he had hit the shot. He ended up with his head in his hands after he realised that I had turned it over the bar!”
Ironically, the Thistle keeper had his opposing Pollok number one to thank for lending him a spare pair of gloves after he had forgotten his in his dash from work to the midweek league encounter.
The following season for Ross was a high pont as Largs won promotion to the Premier League after an incredible finale to the season.
Thistle were 1-0 down at home to Kilsyth in the final league game before scoring twice in the final two minutes to secure promotion.
Ross said: “It was a great season for me and to get the players’ player, supporters’ player and committee player of the year was very pleasing, especially given we got promoted too.”
Largs were relegated a tough season in the Premier Division which saw Bryan Slavin leave the club and Stuart Davidson take over as manager.
Ross left the Barrfields club due to work commitments but returned a year later as Largs were shaping up for the Scottish Cup final.
He was handed a baptism of fire as he faced up to Auchinleck Talbot at Beechwood Park in the league.
Ross said: “It was an amazing team we had last season. I noticed a big difference when I returned to training. Mark Millar’ shooting was frightening and he could take your head off with a shot.
“The standard with players like Martin Orr and Creag Little was superb. Everyone was really high tempo.
“Since coming to Largs, I had great help from the goalkeeping coaches Andy Jack and Iain Buchannan.”
After a major turnaround of players at the start of last season, Ross was the oldest player in the side some weeks and featured in some important games. 
Pivotal wins against Kilbirnie. Clydebank and Troon helped propel Largs into a safe position in the league. 
Ross said; “We were bombarded in that second half against Clydebank so it was a particularly good victory.
“My best game last season ironically came against Troon as we won 4-0. I made some important saves early in the game when the match was on a knife edge.”
Supporters even had their own song for Ross ‘Just another save from Lundy’ to the tune of The Bangles ‘Manic Monday’.
Ross, who is manager of the delivery company Yodel’s branch in Kilmarnock, said: “Largs is a really special club. Theu have done a lot for me and I am very grateful and wish them all the best for the future.
“I have had a really happy spell at Largs with a lot of very happy memories. Maybe one day I will come back and complete the century of appearances.”