Former Largs Thistle defender Nicky Jamieson has sealed an exciting move to Championship side Alloa Athletic and will be facing up to the likes of Hearts and Dundee this coming season.

The 23 year old told the News he was thrilled to be playing in the Championship - only two years after leaving Thistle.
After playing in the Scottish Cup final for Largs 15 months ago, Nicky moved to Queen's Park and even featured in the official SPFL Division Two team of the year before being snapped up by Alloa in the summer.
He said: "It is a big step up for me - I had a good season last year at Queen's Park and pretty much managed to play every week.
"I got injured at the end of the season but I am delighted to get the move to Alloa.
"Manager Peter Grant told me he liked the way I played and he could tell that I had played junior football before because I really put my head and body on the line and get stuck in!
“The aim when I was at Largs was always to play senior and develop my game.
"I managed to do well there and signed for Queen's Park and now I am making another step up.
“I’m proud that I did well last year and proved that I can play at that level, and I’ll go through the same mindset again now.
“It’s mindblowing that I was only playing juniors two years ago and now I’ve got the opportunity to play in the Championship, albeit on a part-time basis.
“That’s something I’ve always wanted to say."
Nickyhas very happy memories of his time at Largs Thistle, signing in 2014 when Sandy MacLean was the manager.
Nicky said: "Sandy was my under 17s boss at Greenock Morton - and he brought me down to Largs.
"Not long after that, Bryan Slavin and Stuart Davidson took over, and everything was always very positive on the up, apart from one season when we were relegated, but we soon came back up again.
"In my last season, we had a terrific year - the memories will live with me for ever. The 5-0 against Kilwinning in the Scottish Cup quarter final was particularly special, as was the two legged semi final.
"The highlight for me, and the biggest goal I ever scored was the equaliser to make it 2-2 at Barrfields in the first leg. It changed the course of the tie, and after that, we were confident we could go and finish the job in the second leg.
"In my first season at Largs we went on a nine game unbeaten run in 'The Great Escape' year - beating Pollok away was one of the highlights. Then in the following season we secured promotion on the final day, coming back from 1-0 down at Kilsyth to score twice in the final three minutes. It was incredible."
However, the ace defender admits that the 2019 Scottish Cup final defeat to Auchinleck Talbot still haunts him 'every day'.
He said: "We deserved more out of that season - their first goal - the boy stole a yard on me and scored on three minutes and it took the wind out our sails as Talbot just put everyone behind the ball.
"We had long periods of possession but it was just frustrating as the match fizzled out after Talbot got their second goal.
"On another day, if we had started differently and held on in those opening stages, and we had scored the first goal, I am sure we would have gone on to win it - it just felt such an injustice after the season we had had. We deserved more.
"Every week we felt confident in our ability going into games and we knew we were going to stuff teams - we felt we could take four or five goals off anybody as the squad had so much talent."
Nicky's decision to turn down full time football with Morton for an apprenticeship paid off after signing for Championship side Alloa.
The former Morton youth has penned a one-year deal with the part-timers.
He said: “I left Morton in 2014 when I was 17 to take up an accountancy apprenticeship and it was five years of studying, which I've only finished in the last year.
“David Hopkin was the reserves manager back then and actually wanted to keep me on for another year but I knew I wouldn’t be getting anywhere near the first team, simply because I wasn’t ready.
“A few of the boys that I’d signed with at the same time stayed on for a year or two but none of them made it through either and they are playing amateur now, so things might not have went down the path they have.
“Football can be a strange game, everything has fallen into place for me ever since I left.
“I’ve got another point to prove in moving to Alloa and that’s how I’ve approached the full scenario - I want to prove to people that I’m good enough to play and compete at this level.
“I’ve got to show that I deserve the chance that I’ve been given, and I need to take it with both hands."