Under par Thistle failed to unravel ten man Rossvale in a frustrating 90 minutes.

A dramatic last minute clearance off the line AND crossbar saw George Sewell denied after a header from Ben Black's corner kick.

The Vale have proved to be something of a conundrum in recent seasons, and Saturday was no different as they bravely held out for the draw, then celebrated as if it was a victory.

As for Largs, it felt like the reverse was the case as they struggled to break down Rossvale throughout the 90 minutes.
It was a gloomy encounter to match the mood of the weather as Largs struggled to create anything better than half chances throughout the bulk of this encounter.
Thistle opened with the same side which were so impressive against Kilwinning a week before, meaning the match winner Jack Haggerty was on the bench.
Rossvale had a good few early corners with one good move breaking down before McGowan was tested with a quick fire header.
The opposition were reduced to ten men when O'Sullivan saw a straight red card for a foul on Keir Milliken just inside the Rossvale half on 25 minutes. The decision by ref Euan Birch did not change the flow of the encounter though.
And as half-time approached, Rossvale had a free kick near the halfway line on the right which was launched into the Largs box which McGowan had to be alert to and punched the ball away from a Vale striker's head.
The best opportunity for Thistle fell to Laurie McMaster on the stroke of half-time as his clever turn and cross flashed around goal and around the right post with the keeper at full spring. 
It would have been a spectacular way to take the lead after a subdued first half showing.
Largs looked livelier after the break with Ben Black biting at Rossvale defender's heels as he attempted to engineer an opening, while George Sewell directed a header wide after a good move.
McMaster was again showing threat as he raced down the wing and found Faulds whose turn and cross into the box found Scott Adam who screwed the effort high and over - there was a nagging feeling that it just wasn't going to be Thistle's day.
This was further highlighted by Milliken as he raced through on the right hand side after a high ball over the top but uncharacteristically fired wide.
Black's spark and creativity on the wing was being muscled out by dangerous challenges from the away side.

You could feel the frustration boiling over in Thistle ranks as Milliken danced his way into the box but couldn't find the killer pass while Rossvale had a couple of long range efforts which only just whistled over the bar.
Last week's super sub Jack Haggerty came on for Graham Muir while Will Sewell came on for Milliken as Largs looked to change it up.

Largs and Millport Weekly News:
Thistle were pressing the issue as you'd expect against ten men but Rossvale's defensive wall was refusing to buckle.
McGowan then had to make a smart stop to deny Anthony Higgins' header.
The Vale keeper Owen Stott was then booked after he and Will Sewell got involved in a tangle.
And with ten minutes left, Rossvale nearly took a shock lead as Damon Welsh darted through on the left and forced McGowan into a wonderful one handed stop to save Thistle's blushes. It was a let-off.
Haggerty accelerated down the wing and his clever dink found Craig Forbes who was unfortunately off balance as his header just finished up over the bar.
Largs had an amazing opportunity after a corner kick was launched into the box by Black, and it was met by George Sewell at full throttle at the far post.
He sent a firm downward header beyond the keeper but Higgins, facing goal, miraculously managed to get a foot on to the effort and amazingly clipped it on to the bar before going over.
It was really unlucky and it proved to be the last major chance of the game as the referee blew for full time.
Largs will feel they didn't do enough to really cut open ten man Rossvale who in effect 'parked the bus' at Barrfields.
So Rossvale were the Christmas party poopers at Barrfields and deserve credit as they denied Largs yet again, even down to ten men, and stifled their creativity at every turn. 
It was a surprise mis-step from Largs who have been in fine form in recent weeks and will look to get back to winning form as soon as possible.
LARGS: McGowan, McLeod, McMaster, Hughes, G Sewell, Faulds, Forbes, Muir, Adam, Milliken, Black. Subs: Macintyre, McBryde, Haggerty, W Sewell, Rutherford, Chrystal, Farrell (GK).