THISTLE boss Stuart 'Arnie' Davidson turned into The Terminator in the dressing room at full time after his team dropped another two points at home in a 1-1 draw against a St Cadoc's side who played for almost an hour with ten men.

Big money Saints lost goalkeeper Millar who was red-carded in the 35th minute for saving the ball outside his penalty box.

But manager Arnie couldn't believe his eyes - and nor could the Largs supporters - as the home players dominated the second half but fell behind to a rare foray forward from the newly-promoted visitors, and it took a penalty to snatch a draw.

Govan-based St Cadoc's had ex-Motherwell striker Bob McHugh and former St Mirren midfielder Anton Brady among their senior ranks against an attack-minded Largs who had a forward three of Will Sewell, David Ramsay and one-time Rangers man Daryll Duffy.

The first half was end to end stuff with Thistle keeper Joe Wilton saving from McHugh in the first minute and then Sewell shooting just wide from the left wing.

The visitors came close on a couple of occasions and we couldn't believe it when Duffy was up-ended as he prepared to shoot on the edge of the box but no foul was given.

When keeper Mateusz Millar was sent off in the 35th minute Sewell, uncharacteristically, launched the free kick high over the bar, and in quick succession Ramsay and McGrath all skied wildly from good positions.

As the rain battered down over Barrfields, Thistle started the second half with another Sewell left-wing run and cross which was deflected for a corner.

But just as Largs launched themselves at St Cadoc's, they left themselves exposed at the back, for Neil McLaughlin to nip in and plant their only shot of the second half into a corner of the net.

However, the equaliser came minutes later when Corey Hughes was pushed in the box for a spot-kick which Sewell hammered low past the substitute keeper.

Thereafter, it was frantic but strong defending by the city team as Thistle attacked relentlessly, only for the keeper to make a great save from a Sewell volley, parry a net-bound effort from the overlapping McLeod, and tip a MacBryde shot over the bar. 

Substitutes Jamie Martin, Blair Devine and Jamie McLean came on with Devine wasting a good opportunity.

It all left boss Arnie fuming on the sidelines judging by his loud post analysis coming from the dressing room.

Largs Thistle: Wilton, McLeod, McMaster, Hughes, Tennant, Faulds, MacBryde, McGrath, Ramsay, Duffy, Sewell. Subs: Martin, McLean, Devine, Johnstone, Trialist

St Cadoc's: Millar, Taylor, Coll, Slattery, McKillen, Brady, McManus, Hughes, McHugh, Muir, McLaughlin.

Thistle's run of home games continues this Saturday, September 16, when North Ayrshire rivals Dalry Thistle make the short trip to Barrfields for a second round tie in the South Region Challenge Cup. Kick-off is at 2pm.