Largs Thistle legend George Wall writes for the News about football matters local, national and international...

Beith are still sitting top of the WOSFL and visiting Barrfields on Wednesday needing the points as they battle to retain the league title.

Largs sitting pretty in the league now, in fifth place with four games left to play. It has the makings of a great game. With three of Thistle's four remaining games at home it’s not inconceivable that Largs will pick up all nine points at home, and then in their last game they have Rob Roy away.

While it's still mathematically possible for Largs to finish top I don’t see that happening but certainly they are capable of finishing higher than where they are now.

The pyramid system in Scotland is coming under scrutiny again after Buckie Thistle from the Highland League were denied a playoff place by the Scottish FA because they failed to get, or plan for, an SFA Bronze Licence.

The string of events is disputed by Buckie but they are still out of the playoff.

I think the dream now of any “junior” club moving through the leagues has just got further away, based on the bronze level requirements.

James Forest for the Scotland squad? He has certainly done his case no harm after a stylish double to down Dundee on Sunday.

He will surely come into Stevie Clarke's thoughts given that his injury list ahead of the Euros is mounting.

Not a good night for the Largs Thistle 35s on their travels to Kilmarnock this week. With a depleted squad we were beaten 7-2 by Templeburn FC, though I must say what an effort the boys put in.

From the outset things started to go wrong with Kris Connelly coming off injured in the first minute, and with only two subs on the night (me being one), we knew it was potentially going to be a hard night.

It did get better when we went 1-0 up, with Alan Shanks scoring. Templeburn then went 2-1 up, but Callum Kerr scored to equalise.

In the second half we had a few chances, but Templeburn went 4-2 ahead. A few of our players were carrying knocks that should have seen them substituted, but with the small squad on the night that was not possible, and with five minutes to go the roof caved in with Templeburn scoring three goals from three shots on target.

A great effort but it wasn't to be for the team.